Posted: 04/09/2009 at 04:41
1. How old is your baby and what kinds of toys does he/she like to play with? (e.g. Puzzle, Stacking, etc)
11 months. He likes to play with crisp packets, pots and spoons that he can banng and make noise. inflatable ball that we throw around. he also has bells, drums and lots of musical instruments.
2. What should a toy have and not have?
No small bits, no sharp bits, nothing that can easily break and hurt them. Should have lots of different textures, squashy bits to squeeze, parts that can be chewed / sucked. Noisy bts, ie crinkle paper inside it
3. What kind of materials would be safe and non toxic?
Anything soft, there are some plastics that arent safe for babies, but i cant remember what they are called, if you look o google you can find the name of ths
4. What do you think is the best toy for babies?
When lucas was 3 months he loved anything that made noise. lke bells and things. his favourite was a teddy that had a squeaker in one paw, bell i the other, crinkle paper in another and a rattle in the other. then had patches with different textures, like velvet and rough stuff etc
5. What colours/colors are best for babies? (rainbow, red, orange, green, etc)
Anything that contrasts damatically, research shows that black and white is best
6. What is the most important factor... (Social skills, hand cordination, sharing skills, gripping skills, etc)
For a 3 month old, i guess that sharing skills arent so important, but a bt of all the rest
Hope your project goes well xxx