Posted: 28/04/2011 at 09:15
I'm not sure how many of you have had/are having this scan but it's recently been offered in my area so I have taken it as at 35 in June I am classed as an older Mum and with a little girl already I felt that this time round I needed more info (we didn't have any tests with our first as i decided that I wanted that baby no matter what). However I now have 2 dilemmas:
1) do I wait for the results before telling people we are pregnant? Part of me thinks it doesn't matter as I am going to really show very soon and by the time I may or may not decide on any further testing I'm pretty sure people will know anyway (and I don't have to tell everyone if there may be a problem) but on the other hand its just a another week or two to wait....
2) I just keep thinking that even if I am high risk do I really want an amnio which could put a potentialy healthy baby at risk??? I didn't last time and to be honest I just want this baby but I also don't want any problems to affect my current daughters life which I know having a disabled child will do. I feel that this is a very selfish way of thinking though which makes me feel not quite right about myself!
Is anyone else going through this at all, it would be good to know your thoughts.