BFP but brown discharge *UPDATED*

27/03/2010 at 05:46
Morning ladies. Well today is AF due day and I tested again and it came back with another BFP! But to my horror about an hour later I had this brown discharge come out, sorry TMI but I could actually feel it! And also what looked like a clot or crusty bit of brown. So even more confused than ever before. I feel like AF is around the corner any minute . Any thoughts? Xx

**Update ** Morning ladies, just wanted to update you with what's going on. So far no sign of the evil witch so there's still hope! I'm trying so hard not to but getting a little excited now. Still having AF like cramps as if she's around the corner and a teensy bit of brown discharge again yesterday but nothing since. If there's still no sign of her by lunchtime I'm going to go and but a CBD and test again with FMU in the morning. Fingers crossed! xxxx

[Modified by: BeckyWoo on 29 March 2010 09:57:04 ]
27/03/2010 at 06:07
Brown blood is old bood, which is better than fresh obviously.
Did you get a strong BFP?

I know it's awful and unreassuring but the only thing for it is to wait and see x
27/03/2010 at 06:30
Got my fingers crossed for you BeckyWoo! I'm sure its just normal.
I havent tested yet - due today/ tomorrow, but i've got brown/ pinky discharge today so i think my AF is imminent
I thought i'd had implantation spotting a week ago too.
Let us know how you get on! xx
27/03/2010 at 07:04
A lot of women get this when they fall pregnant; its the body clearing out all the old blood ready for the baby to develop. Unless you start with fresh blood I wouldn't worry about it, but would probably test again in a few days anyway just because I love to see the line on the test! :lol:
Tested 3 times with ds and went to docs to confirm it, was so shocked!!

Congrats on the BFP hon xx
27/03/2010 at 07:11
Hi Becky, a massive congrats!

I have heard that brown discharge is ok, like little wolf said its old blood but i suppose its easier for us to say as we arent in your shoes, i can imagine it must be scary, im glad its not fresh blood though although some people can bleed alot and still be ok.
It might be coz your AF would of been due today, im not sure though dont quote me on that :\)

Im still spotting, well mostly brown and a stringy bit of blood (tmi) but mostly yellow CM and i tested and got BFN so hoping its just too early or it could just be my AF.

MPP
xxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/U8Ca.png

27/03/2010 at 08:08
Hi all, just so scared! Been to the loo 6 times checking!!! I think I know deep down it's over just so frustrating I got another BFP this morning. I actually feel AF is coming any minute now. I suppose I may have had a bit of hope left had I not had the little clot and today being AF day is making it worse.

I wouldn't say it's a strong line Littlewolf but it's definitely a line, I asked OH to check again. The line is also slightly darker than Weds and Thurs BFP's.

I'm wondering if it's worth getting a CB test? Or I suppose I should wait a couple of days?

Xx
27/03/2010 at 08:16
I say sit it out.
Early pregnancy can feel like AF coming on. Old blood is fine.
Try not to worry
27/03/2010 at 08:22
Hi justarascal, do you know if brown clots are OK too? Xx
27/03/2010 at 08:28
i agree, sit it out and see what happens
i'm 5 weeks tomorrow and getting pains in my stomach and constant pressure in my lower back. everyone i've spoken to says early pg feels like start of period
hard as it is try not to worry xxx
27/03/2010 at 08:46
Hi justarascal, do you know if brown clots are OK too? Xx
From what I've read/heard. As long as it's brown and not as heavy as AF then it's fine.
Could be a combination of Implantation and just getting a good clear out s it's all fresh for baby to grown.
Wait a couple days and test again (more to put your mind at ease)
xx
27/03/2010 at 08:50
Hi,
If this persits at all or changes in anyway / gets worse i would ring the doctor. Not trying to scare you, as this could be completely normal, as many women to get this and it is fine, but i had this and it got worse and ended in mc.
If you have any concerns (not sure how far you are) but you can always ask for an early scan,
Hope everything is ok
xxx
27/03/2010 at 08:50
Hi,
If this persits at all or changes in anyway / gets worse i would ring the doctor. Not trying to scare you, as this could be completely normal, as many women to get this and it is fine, but i had this and it got worse and ended in mc.
If you have any concerns (not sure how far you are) but you can always ask for an early scan,
Hope everything is ok
xxx
27/03/2010 at 09:19
Hi Sian, my period is only due today so not far at all!

More discharge too now . AF must be coming. if I had BFP though am I right in saying at some stage I must have been pg?

Sorry to keep going on, I've got nowhere else to turn xx
27/03/2010 at 10:22
Hi Hun gate crashing from G/C. Try not to worry, i know easier said than done, the day i got my positive pg test, 6 hours after i started bleeding brown blood, and it was quite heavy. I ended up bleeding right the way until 11 weeks - still brown and baby is ok. There are lots of reasons for it, sometimes when the egg is released from the tube, the pressure of it soing so can cause bleeding, also if you have old blood in your tubes, when baby implants it can cause old blood to come out. You could have a heart shaped uterus, so many reasons. If your clot was red i would be concerned. I think if you can Monday speak to your gp, and they will send you to the epu unit or gynae day unit and investigate further. Please do not give up hope, i felt like AF was coming any minute and it didn't. Stay positive, really hope it works out for you. If you start to bleed heavy brown, ring the gp asap.
Take care
xxxxx
27/03/2010 at 10:27
Hey sweetie, didn't want to r&r. Sending you stickyglue for that little bean. Am sure you'll be fine hunny, lots of girls don't realise they're pregnant cos they get brown discharge and are surprised when they eventually find out! ((((hugs)))) xxx
27/03/2010 at 11:18
Thank you so much you lovely ladies, hopefully there is still a glimmer of hope because the clot was definitely brown! Please please please be a sticky bean xxxx
27/03/2010 at 11:59
i'm afraid that until you are 6 weeks they won't refer you to early pregnancy as there really is nothing they will do. It is such a worry and you feel so helpless. When this happened to me it wasn't a good outcome but i know of so many other stories of girls who have went on to have healthy pregnancies. My fingers are crossed that you are one of those x
27/03/2010 at 13:39
May I ask what happened to you Littlewolf? Did you have the same? Please tell me to mind my own business if I'm prying! Xx
27/03/2010 at 14:30
Hi Becky,

you are naturally worried and I would go to your epu. I did at 4+3 and they saw me no problem at all that early.

Lots of people have bleeding v early, especially when af is due and brown is a sign of old blood but there is no assumption that means it shouldn't be checked out.

they can't scan you until 6 weeks but they can do other things.

I'm sure it's fine x x x

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/30LB.png

27/03/2010 at 14:59
Hi Mafia Princess, I guessed no one would really even take me seriously as AF only due today?! I guess I'm not even convinced, even after 3 BFP'S that I am or was pg as it's still so early 3 pre-AF BFP's. Was thinking I may see how it goes for a couple of days maybe?! Did you have early bleeding too? Xx