4 days late, no period and 3 negative tests!

28/01/2007 at 12:48
Hi! This is my first post here although i've been reading messages over the last couple of weeks.
I wondered whether anyone could give me some advice as i'm slowly climbing the walls....The first day of my last period was Dec 28th and I have had 28 day cycles for the last year before then my cycles were very irregular after coming off the pill.
We only started ttc this month so I know it's early days and highly unlikely that i'm pregnant but i'm 4 days late. Last wkend I was sick but other than that no symptons, been feeling very PMT tho!!!
I have tried 3 tests clear blue normal tests, one early then one on sat and one today - all negative. I know stressing about it won't help but i don't know what to think! :\?
Does anyone have any advice or been in a similar situation?
28/01/2007 at 13:01
hi there ur prob in the early stages try again in a week or so its all to do with hcg levels u could go to early pregnancy unit like i did they take blood measure the levels in it and u go back every day or 2 they repeat bloods to see if the levels are rising if they do its more likely u are . email me on lynnpalmer1@hotmail.co.uk and i will give u more details as u somtimes have to be a bit sly to get the test
28/01/2007 at 13:52
i did a test at 4 days late and it was negative, i did another one again at 2 weeks late & it was positive, i used first response x
28/01/2007 at 14:36
I found I got lots of negatives, then after my supposed period came it was a positive. I too had a feeling of sickness about a week or more before I got a positive test. I agree with lynn p sometimes it takes a while for the hormone levels to rise high enough to measure.
keeping my fingers crossed.
Have had similar feelings myself this month- early in the week aversion to the smell of dry cat food- retching for at least 5 mins- Yuk! Highly PMT lady (unusual) really moody but two negative pregnancy tests. AF looked like she had arrived on Fri, but has been very light and not as she normally is. Not sure whats going on but we'll wait and see. I think I want to live in blissful ignorance this month. (Last time I had a miscarriage) but hey ho- fingers crossed for everyone who is trying.
28/01/2007 at 15:50
hi sarah, the same happened to me..i knew i was pregnant. i was telling everyone and they all thought that i was mad cos all my tests was coming back negative!!!..lol.. even my test at the docs and i told him a was aswell..lol...it just took a little while to show cos the following week it was a positive!!! just try and hang on in there youll know one way or the other soon enough. youll have to keep us informed. good luck.x
29/01/2007 at 14:50
Hi, thanks for your positive replies. Shortly after posting my message yesterday i began to get stomach cramps and some light brown spotting. I tried to convince myself that it might be implanation bleeding but this morning one hell of a period arrived!!!! So i guess thaat means a big fat NO! for this month. And i'm left confussed as now i've had a 33 day cycle whereas i'm normally regular at 28 days! This ttc seems to be doing strange things to me.....
Shoelady, i've got everything crossed for you and for others out there playing the painful waiting game.
Take care, Sarah.
29/01/2007 at 15:34
Just read your post Sarah43, just wanted to wish you all the best. Sorry to hear about AF arriving, I always find it a bit hard to get over the period 'hump' its the time during my cycle where I feel quite down. I always try to think that in order for new eggs to be prepared, your body has to have a period. Its your bodys way of preparing for a new cycle. At least now your back on the road to trying- small consolation I know but something to help keep you going
23/05/2012 at 20:56
28/05/2012 at 08:53

Hi There.

I actually 4 days late now, my husband and i are ttc for the past year, so i ma hoping to hear some good news. I really afriadto take a home test as i might get dissappointed by a negative. When should i decide to take it?

24/06/2012 at 09:49
27/07/2012 at 08:27
14/10/2012 at 15:22

Hi, I am 5 days late now, i have done 3 tests with negative reaults, feeling some symtoms but I am too worried to do another test because of the disapointment of getting a negative. Feeling cramps and i am extreamly ermotional, do you think I may be pregnant or that my period will come soon and i am just being silly?

19/10/2012 at 02:30
11/12/2012 at 13:47

i got 6 negative tests with my 2nd but i just knew i was pregnant, finally tested positive at 8 weeks, i have a 2 yr old and 8 month old n think i could be pregnant again! period 4 days late but showing negative just now.

12/12/2012 at 04:36

Hello everyone, sometimes it happened and test shows the negative result it may be because you test too early or sometimes the reason of delay period isn't a pregnancy you may read the article about it http://saymommy.com/mom_1035_10-reasons-period-delayed.html hope it may help!

12/12/2012 at 12:13

Hi sarah, sorry to hear you've had your period. I myself am 4 days late with 2 neg preg tests, so i know how frustrating it can be. You must try not to stress, this can delay your period and make it difficult to concieve too. When i was trying for my 2 year old son, getting pregnant was all i thought about even putting my legs up the wall after intercourse lol. I even started buying a few baby things before i was even pregnant. After 4 months of no luck, i gave the baby things away, had fun, went out drinking with mates, I stopped thinking about getting pregnant, had a litre bottle of vodka with my boyfriend onthe saturday, then found out i was pregnant on the tuesday lol, so i found that forgetting about it helps. GOOD LUCK BABE XX

18/12/2012 at 16:35
18/12/2012 at 16:44
Hi everyone...4days and 2neg test .. I am so stressed and don't know what to do ?
27/12/2012 at 05:51
05/01/2013 at 12:36

I too am 4 days late, 3 negative tests, but I remember last time I was pregnant, the expensive tests showed nothing, and the cheap one from the pound shop worked!? Just sit and wait. I am going to the doctors on the 14th, I was due on the 1st.

Dont know if I can wait that long without spending a fortune on tests though!!