Trying to concieve after taking Cerazette? tmi?

20/06/2010 at 15:06
Hi ladies, just wondering whether anyone has conceieved fairly quickly after taking cerazette mini pill. After I had my little one i was put on this pill due to breast feeding and have had no periods for over a yr whilst taking it. Ive now decided to try for another baby and have still not had a period for over a month of stopping taking it?? (done test, not pregnant!) .. i know these things can take a while but i got pregnant straight away with my lo. I have read loads of horror stories online with people saying it took them over a yr to concieve after taking this pill, so now just getting a little worried.
Any experiences appreciaited.
Nic
20/06/2010 at 16:18
I was on the mini pill due to my body nto liking the ''normal'' pill. And i had ALOT of trouble with these pills, i was one different ones but was found to have cysts on my ovaries and i never bled for 2-3 months when i came off it an then bled for 6 months without stopping!

I dont want u to panic but asked to be chekced out after 3 months if nothing happens xxx

20/06/2010 at 16:18
I was on the mini pill due to my body nto liking the ''normal'' pill. And i had ALOT of trouble with these pills, i was one different ones but was found to have cysts on my ovaries and i never bled for 2-3 months when i came off it an then bled for 6 months without stopping!

I dont want u to panic but asked to be chekced out after 3 months if nothing happens xxx

20/06/2010 at 16:19

20/06/2010 at 16:21
Ooops sorry aboutt he 3 posts!

20/06/2010 at 16:36
Probably not what you want to hear hun but was month 11 for me. I hadn't had a period for a year while on Cerazette and like you had read horror stories so actually stopped taking it 6 months before we had planned to start TTC - glad I did!

I actually thought my cycle returned to normal very quickly, was ecstatic when first period came 5 weeks after stopping taking it and settled straight into a 30 day cycle. However, with hindsight I realised that the first 6 or 7 weren't actually 'proper' periods, more like withdrawal bleeds - very light and pain free for only 4 days or so. It seemed that every month got a bit heavier, longer and more painful though which I'm convinced was my body slowly getting back to normal after Cerazette. Like I said, I conceived in month 11 and am currently 32+4 so got there in the end, but I know I'll never take any kind of pill again. Good luck, fingers crossed for you that things happen soon x

[Modified by: mrs stb on June 20, 2010 09:38 PM]

20/06/2010 at 17:28
I was on Cerazette for a couple of years before ttc ds, with no periods (and on Depo for 5 years before that with no periods) - I had my first period about 6 weeks after stopping Cerazette, and they were then fairly regular.This was about a year before ttc (came off the pill ealrier than I wanted to ttc in case it did take a while to get out of my system). Got pregnant the second month of trying though.
I went back on Cerazette when ds was about 6 weeks, I breastfed for 8 months and had my first period just after stopping breastfeeding - my periods were a bit all over the place, came off the pill when ds was 12 months, no change to periods and I assumed they were still settling down after having the baby. Started ttc about 3 months later and fell pregnant the first month - I'm now 39+3.
So, I have given it a bit of time to get out of my system both times, but haven't had any problems getting pregnant.
20/06/2010 at 17:45
We conceived while I was still taking Cerazette! No missed pills, I hadn't been sick or anything. Hadn't had periods the whole time I was on it...

mrs_ee 11+5
21/06/2010 at 03:30
I had a bit of a nightmare coming off cerazette - I had period every 12-14 days after stopping it, so no chance to get pregnant! It only stopped after I took microgynon for a month to give myself a rest from all the bleeding; periods went back to normal and I got pg 3 months after, although by that point it was 8 months since I'd stopped the cerazette. Will NEVER take it again!
21/06/2010 at 04:25
I took cerazette for 14 months after little one, then stopped, and was pregnant within 3 months I d say, the first period didnt come for about 6 - 7 weeks though, did preggors test and all lol, was negative. And then had one period and was preggors on the next one.

I didnt have any issues with the pill, but after this baby I am gonna go with the coil.

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/Zbn6.png

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/MFvY.png

foox xx
21/06/2010 at 04:28
I took cerazette for 14 months after little one, then stopped, and was pregnant within 3 months I d say, the first period didnt come for about 6 - 7 weeks though, did preggors test and all lol, was negative. And then had one period and was preggors on the next one.

I didnt have any issues with the pill, but after this baby I am gonna go with the coil.

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/Zbn6.png

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/MFvY.png

foox xx
21/06/2010 at 05:33
I was on cerazette for 8 years before stopping as it started causing me ill health. Was off it for 2 months before we started trying for a baby and I fell 6 months later - and we have fertility problems. I think it's just a wait and see game unfortunately.

Ref not having had a period yet, it can take a while for it to leave your system, even if you haven't been on it long. I believe angus castus can encourage a period to come one, but only take it if you are definately sure you're not pregnant.
21/06/2010 at 15:15
G/C from baby but I, like sunflower, was on the depo injection for 6 years and came off as limit was changed to 5 years and I knew we would be trying for a baby after our wedding. Went onto Cerazette for approx 2 years. Came off pill in August and fell pregnant in Dec. Lost baby and fell again straight away. My identical twin boys are now 8.5 months old!!

Unfortunately, I dont think there is any way of knowing as everyone is so different! I was told I would have all sorts of problems due to being on depo for too long...im now back on depo and guidelines have changed again!

Good Luck xxx
21/06/2010 at 15:15
G/C from baby but I, like sunflower, was on the depo injection for 6 years and came off as limit was changed to 5 years and I knew we would be trying for a baby after our wedding. Went onto Cerazette for approx 2 years. Came off pill in August and fell pregnant in Dec. Lost baby and fell again straight away. My identical twin boys are now 8.5 months old!!

Unfortunately, I dont think there is any way of knowing as everyone is so different! I was told I would have all sorts of problems due to being on depo for too long...im now back on depo and guidelines have changed again!

Good Luck xxx
21/06/2010 at 15:16
I was only on Cerazette for 3 months but still had periods in this time. Fell pregnant completely by accident just a couple of weeks after stopping taking it! I came off because I was advised not to use any sort of hormonal contraception due to family history of breast cancer. There was only 1 time when we didn't use a condom & thats when I fell pregnant!

Good luck TTC, I know I was only on Cerazette for a short period of time but hopefully this is a ray of hope for you :\)

DM
29 + 3
24/06/2010 at 08:14
Tthank you for all yr responses. Now feel much better. Suppose there are always going to be good stories and bad stories with everything. Went to docs and she said apparently cerazette is meant to be one of the mini pills that leaves yr system straight away? ... not going to worry now, just going to let nature take its course. Already have my beautiful little boy whos now 1, so anything else will just be a bonus.
Wish you all well in yr pregnancys, hopefully be joining you soon.xx
14/10/2012 at 14:51
14/10/2012 at 15:03
Hi all... ive been off cerazette for 7 months now and still no period!!! My husband and i are tryibg for and baby and im really worried ive had no signs of a perios. ive been to my gp and im having some blood test.

any advice welcome

x x x
01/11/2012 at 01:51
15/01/2013 at 11:04