Successful pregnancy after recurrent miscarriages?

12/11/2009 at 11:23
Hi Ladies
I have just suffered my 2nd early miscarriage in 3 months and my PMA is at rock bottom
After googling everything about miscarriages and feeling fine one minute to be reading it is very common to then being filled with dread after reading another article that basically spells out give up now!
I was hoping that those ladies out there who have suffered miscarriages could share their experience, did you go onto having a baby after recurrent miscarriages? What did you do or were advised to do to help prevent furthur miscarriages
I guess I am looking for some feel good success storys to help my failing PMA.
Thank you
12/11/2009 at 11:31
hi hun, sorry about ur losses, iv had 2 mc but i did have my son in between... i was told its common and its just one of them things, iv had no real ansers as to why i have lost 2, yet had heathy son and pregnant again.. nobody will start to look into medical reasons unless you have had 3+ , the only things i did diffrent was not having sex untill i was 20+ weeks, my doctor also told me not to have sex in the first 12 weeks.

dont give up hope! can i ask what stage you had your mc at? lots of love x x x x
12/11/2009 at 11:31
Hi Hun,

I'm really sorry to hear this.
My brother's partner had 4 miscarriages in a row before they went on to have a baby girl, and the same for my other sister in law who went on to have 2 healthy pregnancies after 3 MC in a row. I hope this helps, I think googling stuff always tells you the negative things rather than positive stuff so please don't give up. x x
12/11/2009 at 11:35
Hi hayleyspirit
I was in week 5 both times, so very early on! After getting my BFP I tested again a few days later and the lines were fainter n then a day or 2 later its BFN.
From what I have read the experts seem to say that its just one of those things but its doesnt help much when its happening to you.
xx
12/11/2009 at 11:40
I had 3 early miscarriages and a still birth and (touch wood) I am having a healthy pregnancy. I don't know why but from the moment I found out I was pg all the other times I knew that something was going to go wrong, even after the 12 week scan with my stillbirth I knew in the back of my mind something wasn't right. But this time, I kind of just know this is it. I've had all the tests under the sun and there is no reason for it, I have just been so unlucky. xxxxx
12/11/2009 at 12:06
Hi

I knpw how you feel - in 2003 I had a mc then I was pg in 2006 with a lot of bleeding but then had a lovely little boy. Last year I had 3 mc between July and December 2 at 12 weeks and 1 at 5 weeks. I had all but given up after looknig on the internet and reading all of the negative things. However I am now pg and Due in december so don't give up hope - somethings just weren't meant to be, My consultant said - for each mc you have it increases your chances of having a normal pregnancy next time. Didn't feel comforting as I was doing everthying possible.
Hope this helps

Mummy to 3 amazing children

12/11/2009 at 13:09
Hiya hun,

I have a 13yr old son, no probs with him. Then I m/c about 7yrs ago at 6 weeks, and this year we found out at 14 weeks our baby had passed at 12 weeks. I am currently nrly 19 weeks. Got my fingers and toes crossed that this ones gonna be ok, and fingers crossed for you too.

xx
12/11/2009 at 14:03
Hi,

I have had 2 mcs, both before having my dd, so please do not give up hope now.

My first was just short of 6 weeks, the day after I got bfp, was so early on no explanation could be given - just one of those things.

With the 2nd I was exactly 10 weeks and had to have a d&c. There were no investigations done, as someone said earlie you have to have lost 3 in a row usually before they will look into it, but the consultant at the time advised me to take 75 mg aspirin daily to thin my blood and stop it being sticky. So when I felt ready to try again thats what I did and I have an almost 4 yr old daughter and am pg again.

Obv ask medical advise before taking the aspirin, pls don't take my word for it (!) though I know that some med professionals are against it. Just that for me it worked.

HTH

RickiD 26 wks today!
12/11/2009 at 14:21
My heart really goes out to you... as I know how desperate you will be feeling...
I have had 4 miscarriages, 20 weeks, 12, 10, and 8... and I am now nearly 34 weeks pregnant.
All I can say is you have to believe that it will happen.. believe me I know how hard this is.. and it still is and I only have 4 weeks to go... but I do think that a huge amount has a lot to do with being as positive as you can be, and take each month as it comes.
I have a fantastic consultant, who finally put me onto progesterone pessary's from the moment I got a positive test, and also a 75ml asprin... the progesterone I stopped at 16 weeks and the asprin I am still on for one more week...
Apparently a huge amount of pregnancies fail due to a lack of progesterone, as this is what keeps the placenta going until it is able to sustain itself.. and the asprin is for clotting another big negative in pregancy.
I really do hope that you take the time to get your body back into good shape before you try again... I know a huge amount of girls jump back into trying straight away.. and this is exactly what I did after my 20 weeks loss... but it was not a good idea, your body does need time to recover... and I so wish I had waited... I know everyone thinks differently on this... but all I can say is when I was in a positive state of mind, my body was healthy I felt ready to be pregnant again... and then it did happen... when I say wait.. we only waited 3 months... so its not like its forever..
I wish you all the luck in the world and you will get there... but taking the time to look after yourself is one of the most important things...
Keep well, and keep us posted as to how you get on..
A xxx
12/11/2009 at 14:50
Hi MrsC, I am actually an example of a successful pregnancy after countless misscarraiges! My mum miscarried a few times before and after myself (one included twins) to a total of five I think - none if which went over the 12 week stage. The doctors had no clue why her body was doing this and she had all the tests under the sun. The only difference with my pregnancy was that my mum wasn't actively trying, didn't know, an was still taking her contraceptive tablets (ironic eh?)

This year my mum fell really Ill and more tests were done and FINALLY they managed to pinpoint that she has very low cortisol levels. They have now went on to suggest that this caused her miscarraiges as taking the contraceptive pill gave her sufficient artificial hormones.

Sorry to ramble but I thought I needed to explain in detail about my mum. Cortisol isn't something always routinely checked for either, so I would get this checked....just incase

I wish you all the very best of luck and hope to see you in PG and over that scary time soon! Xx

Previously Princess87
12/11/2009 at 16:59
i am so sorry you are going through this and i hope that you can also find some answers.

i had 2 early mc and also needed clomid to help me concieve, ithen fell with twins and got so close to 12 weeks before their heartbeats stopped.

After 2 years and so much heartache - i gave birth to my beautiful baby boy 7 days ago.

The pregnancy was horrendous and we nearly lost it many times - i have no answers - but my mum also suffered many mc.

If you have any questions or you just want to rant then we are here x x x
13/11/2009 at 07:03
Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, it has really helped me feel better and be hopeful
xx
13/11/2009 at 08:58
I'm another success story.
2 mc's and I currently have a 9 week old snoozing next door! Don't loose hope.

xxx
13/11/2009 at 12:57
Hey Hun

I am so sorry to hear of your losses i know exactly how you feel, it is a really awful thing to go through but you will get some great support from here just make sure you look after yourself.

I suffered three mc and they then decided to do testing, all my miscarriages were within a year, after my third in which i had to have a d and c me and my partner both waited for a few months and booked a holiday to take our minds of it all and that was the best thing we did, as we concieved this pregnancy on holiday and i am now only 4weeks away from having my little boy, and i just knew from the time i took the test it would be okay you just get this feeling. But i would definatley suggest taking it easy and jst let things happen as i found that when we were not trying it just happened and evrything is fine.

I know it must bed really difficult for you at the moment but it will happen for you and when i t does it will be the most amazing thing ever and you will appreciate so much.

I hope this helps and lets you see there are postive stories. Just take care of yourself and it will happen for you.

xxxx
13/11/2009 at 14:56
Im so sorry to hear of your loses.

I lost my first baby at around 6 weeks, my second baby at around 8 weeks. I had a d+c after my second m/c and fell pregnant about 5 months later with my beautiful daughter who is now almost 2. And im currently 26 weeks pregnant again with a little boy. Its so tough, and you will never forget those little angels, but i do promise that once you have a baby, and im sure you will, you will see that they are worth every second of the heart break youre currently feeling.
Please dont give up hope. Maybe accept testing if it continues to happen and see where that leads.
Keep your chin up, good luck! x
30/04/2012 at 19:57
30/04/2012 at 20:31
Just wanted to give you a bit of hope, I had 2 early mc's like yourself and after 31/2 yrs of ttc wanted to give up ad couldn't take another one. I then fell pregnant before my next cycle and was convinced it was all going to go wrong ago when I suffered further spotting at 7 wks then again at 18wks! Still very nervous but I am now 32 wks pregnant and due in June. After my second mc the hospital told me only 1% if people go onto have a third one in a row so I kept that in my mind all along. Keep your pecker up you WILL get there when the time is right just as I have. Wishing you all the best. X

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/4dKv.png

01/08/2012 at 06:38
01/08/2012 at 16:05
I had 4mmc in a row spread over almost 2 years, i then fell preg for a 5th time & that pregnancy was successful, i have a beautiful 11 month old little girl & am currently 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd & had a heart beat detected yesterday & all looked fine you just need to stay positive & not lose hope, it will happen for you I was also checked in RMC & they found no reason for any of my mmc's, just bad luck!
16/10/2012 at 04:05