Stomach pain in early pregnancy

20/08/2011 at 17:56
I've just found out I'm pregnant, so only five weeks gone, but I'm getting what I can only describe as period pains in my lower stomach. I still feel like I'm gonna come on. This is my first pregnancy - planned and very much wanted, so worrying already. Is this pain normal? Has anyone else had anything similar early on? Any advie would be much appreciated. Thanks
20/08/2011 at 18:49
I too have just found out I'm pg and I feel exactly the same. A lot of women have said long as it's not sevre pain or with bleeding u prob have nothing to worry about x x
21/08/2011 at 03:36
Me too i have just found out im pg also and for the last two days had period like cramps.

I had the same with my first also i went to the docs and she said as long as the pain wasn't severe pain then to try not to worry. x x
21/08/2011 at 04:51
Hi Maggie,
Iam 6wks pregnant and like you its my first and very much wanting and longed for. I have had exactly the same symptoms, feeling like iam about to come on - back ache, lower stomach cramps. Im now feeling really really tired and sick. Totally energy-less, hope it doesnt last too long. Quite a shock to feel like this as i have a very active life and job and at the moment havent got the energy to do anything. Anyone else feeling like this or felt like this? how long did it last for? please dont tell me 9months lol xx
21/08/2011 at 04:51
Thank you both. I just don't know what to expect with it being my first and I'm a bit of a worrier at the best of times. It is just like period cramps, so hopefully nothing to be too concerned about!
21/08/2011 at 04:59
You sound just like me! every slight twinge or ache im thinking is there something wrong. My partner tells me not to worry so much but easier said than done. My body feels so different and begin my first i have no experience of what is 'normal'. The fact that a lot of women including us have had period like symptoms is nice to know. 1 less thing to worry about!
21/08/2011 at 05:38
Hi I'm currently 31 weeks pregnsnt... The pains are everything stretching and getting bigger for baby! And the tiredness does subside then comes back later! Good luck ladies! Xx
21/08/2011 at 06:46
Hi ladies
this is also my first and planned for and wanted pregnancy. I had the same thing at 5/6 weeks - crampy pains and was really worried. went to my doctor who said it's everything stretching. he felt my stomach and said that as long as your stomach is soft (ie. Not contracting) then all is fine. I had some bleeding a couple of days later so was sent for an early scan and all was fine and I saw the heartbeat which was lovely
Anyway just my long winded way of saying don't worry - I'm sure you are fine.
Hope you all have happy and healthy 9 months!
21/08/2011 at 16:14
This is so reassuring to read as i too get the pains. Mine ar???? worse in the night. Im sure everythings normal But it is hard when you ve Not experienced pregnancy before. X
22/08/2011 at 04:39
I'm 7 weeks now and had cramps during 4/5 weeks and got extremely worried about. Everyone i spoke to about it said it was normal, but its very difficult when its your first as you have no idea what is normal! They have eased now though, i still get the odd twinge every now and then. The sickness has kicked in now!
22/08/2011 at 04:52
Lizahub like you iam now in the feeling sick stage, wake up feeling sick but usually goes by 11ish. Im still getting a dull stomach ache though. Iam 7wks friday.
22/08/2011 at 07:38
Gosh this is me at the mo. I am so worried abot the pains keep thinking things are going to go wrong. So nice to know it can be normal.

This is our number 2 and don't remmber this pain then, but i do remmeber feeling very tired and sick all the time from 6 weeks on.

22/08/2011 at 09:20
I had these pains until about 10 weeks, I was hysterical something was going wrong ........... it's your ligaments stretching, making space for your uterus and little baby to grow!! All the best with your pregnancies and wishing you happy and healthy and stress free (that's almost impossible!) 9 months! K. x

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/8Eckm1.png

23/08/2011 at 18:38
thanks everyone! I feel so much better now. I guess I had an idealistic view of what pregnancy would be and it's very different so far!!!
24/08/2011 at 06:02
Hi everyone,

I'm the same, doctor reckons i'm about 5 weeks but I estimate 4 weeks 2 days and got really sore boobs, aches in lower tummy and I need to wee A LOT!!!

My doc said you should only worry if you have severe pain across stomach accompanied with bleeding. But none of that.
I don't feel sick, so possibly got that to look forward to. I have an appointment with the midwife on the 8th Sept so just trying to take it easy and looking forward to that appointment.

Good Luck to all,

Michelle

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/U6qG.png

Edited: 24/08/2011 at 06:03
26/08/2011 at 07:55
Hi All,

I am exactly the same at the moment. My first pregnancy ended up in a miscarriage in june at 5 weeks, but I had all the pregnancy symptoms big time which stopped after mc. :cry:

I am 5+5 with this one and having frequent stomach cramps just like period pains, but no other symptoms... so worrying myself sick that things are going wrong.

doctor and midwife assured me that as long as pain is not severe and no bleeding it is nothing to worry about. Have not booked for a early scan yet but hope midwife refers me.

I will feel much better if I see a heartbeat

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev117brs__.png

28/08/2011 at 14:52
Hey everyone and congrats! I was exactly the same felt really uncomfortable period cramps real dull achey heavy pain from weeks 5/6 till about 10 weeks! It was nearly unbalerable as I would normal feel this on first day of period and pain killer would get rid of it I was quite worried too at the time, And along with feelin nausea and extreme tiredness it was very hard at the time but I am 16 weeks now and feeling great and that is all forgotten about. Few little stretching pains but nothing at all like early on different pain all together and I'm not as tired but do get little dizzy if I move to fast! But hope yours goes soon not everyone gets then, my friend is 10 weeks and she never felt anything!!! Best of luck x
15/12/2012 at 02:58
ive been having similar pains, also first pregnancy (5-6 weeks) im also getting a little sharp pain on one side, accompanied with lower back pain on the same side. sometimes my cramps feel as bad as cramps when i came on- usually for the first day they'd be really bad, but these dont last for even 3 mins, whereas my period cramps would last all day. i just dont know what to expect its a little scary :S

~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: 15/12/2012 at 02:58
12/02/2013 at 02:02

Can I ask you ladies some advice.  I am 12 days late and normally regular as clockwork, took numerous pregnancy tests and all come back negative.  Not been feeling myself for a few weeks, some sickness, excess hunger, tiredness, dizziness, went off pasta for a week (which I love).  Could I be pregnant and the tests not picking up on it.  Been having mild cramping for 2 days could this be my period even though no bleeding happened.  When had a normal period had cramping then bleeding starts more or less straight away.  Had cramping on and off for 2 days now.  Feel so confused, as we are trying for a baby and it would be great to have good news

12/02/2013 at 05:20
Try an asda/ morrisons own pregnancy kit. I bought two clear blue and both said negative. I couldn't afford another (day before pay and too impatient) i got a morrisons own. And said positive straight away. Went to the doctor's and he confirmed i was 6weeks pregnant
Im not only 9 time is dragging so slow xx