SO THIRSTY WITH HEADACHES!

21/05/2008 at 17:30
Hi everyone, Im 15weeks pregnant, and I constantly seem to have a headache and need to drink. Im drinking easily 6-7pints a day, i used to only drink 2-3. I know your more likely to become deydrated during pregnancy, but is anyone else feeling the same, or any idea's for headache relief other than paracetamol because I really dont want to take to many. x
21/05/2008 at 17:40
i am 15 +2 and for the last few days have had a constant headache and am drinking loads too. i hate taking tablets at the best of times, so am not taking anything!! just grining and bearing it and hoping it doesnt last for too long.. drinking loads helps with dehydration anyway which causes headaches, so i reckon they are connected. ill just keep drinking til i cant drink no more!!!
21/05/2008 at 17:49
thanks, i do have sympathy for u, but I am glad Im not the only one!! Midwife mentioned pre-eclampsia on monday, but I didnt think that was likely till later in pregnancy - thats what most people have told me anyway! No other symptoms though - luckily. x
21/05/2008 at 18:55
Hi i had this when i was around 16 weeks, i went to my docs and he explained that the headaches were because i was dehydrated. I said that i was drinking alot more than normal and he said as long as i felt thirsty i should drink as much as i could, because obviously if you are thirsty your body is still dehydrated! Hope this makes sence x
22/05/2008 at 06:21
Have you tried using 4Head for the headaches instead of paracetamol. You just rub it across your forehead. It worked really well for me during pregnancy. You can get it in boots, tesco etc.
22/05/2008 at 09:18
No, didnt even give that a thought. thanks, I'll give it a try, cuz they're really starting to get to me now. Mind you, having two hectic boys probably isnt helping either!! x
07/12/2012 at 15:19
07/12/2012 at 19:00

I've been thirsty too...and have hot feet. Making sure I drink lots of liquids has been helping me.

I would also recommend 4head - my midwife suggested and it works wonders.

Good luck x

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt17bdb2.aspx

Your say
email image