Prince Charles Hospital - Merthyr

06/05/2009 at 05:17
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's anyone from my neck of the woods who is due to, or has, given birth in Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil?? I've heard that the maternity section has a good reputation, but my midwife (or pretty much EX midwife - long story...) seemed to have a problem with them...or just that she was COMPLETELY biased towards a birthing centre.

Anyway, if anyone has had any birthing/scanning experiences there, that would be great!

Thanks!
C xxx

7+4
06/05/2009 at 09:27
Bump!!
06/05/2009 at 10:29
Hi,

Sorry have no experience with Merthyr hospital but just wanted to say hi to a fellow welshy! I'm from Newport and I will be giving birth at Caerphilly Birthing Centre x x
06/05/2009 at 11:24
hi smiler, my oh's sister gave birth there and she had no complaints. x
06/05/2009 at 11:29
Hi smiler, just wanted to say a huge congrats!! a fellow bbb! we are just about to start ttc no2 this is month one, all the best! x
06/05/2009 at 15:37
Thanks guys!

Deaks I've been told I can't give birth there because my BMI is just too high - this was after the midwife in question showed me around and slated Merthyr!!!! Then looked at me and questioned my BMI. Grrrr. Looks lovely there though!! Wonderful looking birthing pool! /me waves to fellow welshie!!!

Moony - thats great news! I'd heard only good things before so I'm pleased.

Piper - /me waves!!!!!! Love your avatar.... Good luck with ttc!!

C xxx

Edited for bad bad bad spelling!! lol

[Modified by: Smiler81 on May 06, 2009 08:38 PM]

Your say
email image