Prams to fit in a VW Polo boot

02/01/2011 at 06:14
Hi everyone
Hope you are all well.
I had my heart set on either the M&P Sola or Switch (probably the latter) for my little one due in May. Went to the shop yesterday and neither fit into my car so I feel really deflated. They thought the Urbo would but I didn't really like it.
I want a pram(ette)/ buggy which is suitable from birth and faces both forwards and back and I am not bothered about the car seat being compatible - I'd rather make sure I have the safest car seat I can find and if it doesn't fit on the buggy then so be it as I can't see I'd use it much anyway.
I didn't think that my boot was that small - hubby has a bigger car but I don't really want to restrict myself to driving that when I am on the school run, trying to park in the town centre etc whilst he's at work.
Thanks for your help
Londonlass
21+4
xx
02/01/2011 at 06:27
Have you tried the Mothercare My Choice - it's forward or rear facing as both pram and pushchair, and comes with either a 3 wheeled or 4 wheeled chassis - I'm guessing the 3 wheeled version may be slightly smaller when folded down. I think it also fits with a max cosi car seat, and comes in about a hundred different colours!

I'm not a mothercare sales person , we actually went with the switch, but this was a close 2nd.

Good luck,
Elf

Esme Rose born 2nd February 2011

02/01/2011 at 06:37
I have the My3 and I love it
You can take the wheels too if you need too at the click of a button.
xx
02/01/2011 at 09:10
hi hun, have a look at the silvercross surf, it has rear and forward facing options for both pram and buggy mode and there is no need for a seperate carrycot (can if u wish its ??150) its folds down really small and only weighs 7.5kg. its tiny and the car seat is lovely too, silvecross ventura s.

I went to Mothercare with my heart set on the my choice but we ended up getting this one instead.

02/01/2011 at 12:11
g/c from baby. i'm now on my 4th! travel system (i really like changing my buggy alot! there was nothing wrong with any of them! lol).

my mum has a tiny little fiest with a miniscule boot and we can fir my petit star kurvi 4 in it no problem. the handle is adjustable height so that makes it a bit smaller, the wheels come off aswell. it is forward and read facing and generally gorgeous and a dream to push! i'd recommend that all the way. it's on offer on amazon at the min too for less than half the recommended price (which is how i convinced OH to let me get it! lol)

good luck xxx
02/01/2011 at 13:47
Hey

We got the quinny buzz which is both forward or backward facing - and fits into my Polo. You do need to take the parcel shelf out if you do not want to take the wheels off, but it stands up in the boot with room for your shopping etc.

Tizwaz 34+6
02/01/2011 at 14:02
Hi I am suprised the Sola didnt fit in your boot, I have a Citeron C2 tiny car with a tiny boot and I manage to get the sola in, nothing else will go in the boot but the pram definately fits. (excluding carry cot)But only intend to use the lie flat carry cot when walking around my village or when i go out with hubby who has a much bigger car.

Do your back seats push forward at all to make more room in the boot?

Vicky
02/01/2011 at 23:24
Hi sorry G/C i have a vw polo and a phil and teds and it fits in fine just have to take a wheel off but fits the second seat in too just a thought if you are planning to have two close together wish i had known about these first as had a mothercare 3 wheeler before i was pregnant with number two.

03/01/2011 at 07:45
I was delighted to find a travel system that ticked all my boxes with a chasis tht fits in the boot of my Ford KA!

It's a Jane Matrix Solo Reverse
http://www.mothercare.com/Jane-Solo-Reverse-Matrix-Molten/dp/B003UAWZO6?_encoding=UTF8&

It has a lie-flat or sit up car seat that doubles as a carry cot and a lovely puschair attachment that can be forward or rear facing. The chasis is very sturdy and easy to fold up. I can't wait to start using it!!
03/01/2011 at 12:46
Thanks everyone for your Responses. I hadn't realised anybody had replied as BE used to email me but they must have changed it. Your suggestions have been very helpful- I'll do some more research and give some a try. Would prefer not to have to take off the parcel shelf or the wheels every time if I can avoid it but maybe needs must...
Thanks again
xx
04/05/2011 at 08:35
RT: H2TAandbeanie
Did the Ventura S fit ok in your C2? I'm getting the Surf and wanted to check if the car seat went in ok, as the sales girl was worried that it might not fit in the back of my C2. I didn't have my car with me at the time so couldn't get it fitted to check. Would be devestated if I had to get rid of my little car!

Your say
email image