O/T House owners - how long after 2nd viewing did u offer??

12/08/2010 at 10:47
Hiya ladies- sorry totally O/T but wanted to know of those of you who have brought a house how long after the 2nd viewing did you decide to ring the estate agents with an offer?
We are in the process of selling our house and had a lady who is a cash buyer come for her second viewing yesterday lunchtime - I've not heard anything yet -- part of me thinks no news is good news and that she is clearly thinking about it and has definately not ruled it out and rung up the agents to say so, however part of me thinks if shes going to put in an offer then why has'n't she done it by now....I'm so impatient!!!

She has viewed lots of properties but ours is the first she has viewed for a second time which is promising however yesterday she brought a builder friend with her who pointed out a few things i think she was unaware of, i.e needing the electrics rewiring and in time needing the gutters replacing, however our asking price reflects this.

So anway....as I appear to be waffling....I just wanted to ask how long you 'thought' about a property prior to putting in an offer?? A bit of me is also thinking she is making us hang about a bit to appear that shes not desperate to buy so can offer less. It doesn't help that I'm off work at the mo so am waiting for the phone to ring.

Thanks in advance for your answers ladies
Take care
Sue xx

1st Beany - MMC discovered at 12 week scan - June 2010
Baby Chloe - Stillborn at 38 weeks- 9th April 2011 xxx
BFP August 2011...due date 15th April 2012...6 days after Chloe's 1st birthday
12/08/2010 at 10:57
Hi hun, a lot of people like to play the waiting game with these things, when I sold my last house we had the same couple come round three times before they put in an offer, which were all tactics to try and offer a lot less than the asking price.

I'd say if they've been twice then they are interested so just hang in there, sometimes it can be weeks before they put in an offer, I know my buyers had to go and speak to a mortgage broker before they put the offer in, this could be the case with yours?!

Good luck with it!
12/08/2010 at 11:19
we offered the next day but it was the last in a very long list we had seen and by far the best, i suppose it depends if there are any more she plans to see?

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/XU3B.png

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/kj0Tp1.png

 

 

 

12/08/2010 at 12:28
Hi,
We made an offer a few days later. We had decided we definately wanted the house but as the property was empty we knew we had time to wait.
When I bought a few years ago (which seller ended up pulling out of) I offered within a couple of hours of seeing it but I knew there was a lot of interest in it.

I think it depends on those things and if house has been on market a while they might try and wait to see if they can offer lower maybe?

Good luck and hope she does make an offer!
12/08/2010 at 13:46
We offered the following day but your estate agent should have rung them for a chat to see what they thought and then called you with any feedback, have you spoken to your estate agent? Another thought is that if the builder was pointing a couple of bits out she might be getting quotes for any work required or estimates which will delay any offer xx good luck
12/08/2010 at 15:13
I am possibly not the best example of how to haggle! We saw our house once, got in the car and made an asking price offer before we had even left the street the house is in!

Most people are far more sensible and give themselves a couple of days to think about it. Plus she might be waiting on the builder to give her a quote for any work she wants done before putting in an offer.
12/08/2010 at 15:24
thanks for your replies ladies - the estate agents usually do the follow up call within a day or two- but I was too chicken to ring incase they had bad news coz I've got my hopes pinned on this as we need 3 bed house for baby (if i get BFP when i test at the weekend) as OH has a son who stays with us at the weekend.

LOL- Moonandstars - I am an impulse buyer and would do exactly what you did!!
Hoping shes getting qoutes on work-I will be brave and ring them tomorrow lunchtime if still not heard anything otherwise waiting all weekend would do my head in!! Plus I was kind of hoping we could celebrate offer and hopefully BFP at the weekend...or am I just being greedy with good news!!
Anyway will let u know if I get an offer....in fact I might tell the whole world I will be that happy.
Thanks again
Sue x

1st Beany - MMC discovered at 12 week scan - June 2010
Baby Chloe - Stillborn at 38 weeks- 9th April 2011 xxx
BFP August 2011...due date 15th April 2012...6 days after Chloe's 1st birthday
12/08/2010 at 15:42
We offered the next day when we bought our present house BUT we are going for a second viewing on a property next week and even if we still love it we wont be offering straight away as it needs lots doing to it so this second viewing is to make a long list of everything we'd want to do and work out how much that will cost and therefore if the house is worth it etc...
12/08/2010 at 17:15
we offered as soon as we left the house. but that was coz we only saw it as they were selling through same agents as us. they said they'd take asking price offer, and we said we'd give that on condition the house never went in paper or on net, so it worked out for everyone.
13/08/2010 at 04:42
Thanks again ladies - just phoned the estate agents to find out if they have heard but not answered the two times I've rung. Perhaps they are busy/ short staffed....just hope the buyer isn't trying to ring with an offer and no one is answering her call too.
Got my fingers crossed that this Friday the 13th will be a lucky one!!

1st Beany - MMC discovered at 12 week scan - June 2010
Baby Chloe - Stillborn at 38 weeks- 9th April 2011 xxx
BFP August 2011...due date 15th April 2012...6 days after Chloe's 1st birthday
13/08/2010 at 05:12
I saw the my house twice with over a month between viewings and then still took 2 weeks before we put an offer in as we were not 100% sure. Basically we were hoping for more but realised that if we wanted that area we would have to forego the garage and larger garden.

I think I would always wait at least 2/3 days before putting an offer in as I can be implusive and find if I force myself to wait I think of all the pros and cons and go into with my eyes open, she might be the same to hand in there.
13/08/2010 at 05:24
The agents said the contact number she left is not correct so they have had to send her a letter asking for a relevant contact number - but I think no news is good news- if she had totally ruled it out I think she would have rung already to let us know. (I also do tend to look upon things optomisitically however...which sometimes means I get let down but hey!) But I had planned to tell OH about offer and then tell him its lucky as Af is late and then we could do the test!

1st Beany - MMC discovered at 12 week scan - June 2010
Baby Chloe - Stillborn at 38 weeks- 9th April 2011 xxx
BFP August 2011...due date 15th April 2012...6 days after Chloe's 1st birthday
Your say
email image