Muslin Squares?

11/06/2008 at 13:33
Hi! I have started looking at buying baby stuff, and I came across muslin squares? I am clueless as to what they are used for, just wondering if anyone could tell me please? thanks!! xxxx
11/06/2008 at 13:37
You can use them for loads of things like mopping up sick, drying baby, putting under their head at night to catch sick just really handy to have!!! Tammi xxx
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev165pf___.png

11/06/2008 at 13:44
I agree, used a lot when winding and mopping up sick, my mil also cut a few down into hanky size for flannels, coochy squares etc.
11/06/2008 at 14:53
They are really useful for mopping up sick and for using when winding.
xxx
11/06/2008 at 14:56
i have bought aload of these! without actually knowing what they were lol, so now iam more the wiser thanks!
hehe
11/06/2008 at 14:56
a must have - get quite a few as well as u'll be surprised how many u get thru!!

Lara xx
11/06/2008 at 15:26
Hi.. wheres the best place to buy muslins? I have a few (bought by a friend) and i've been looking for more.. couldn't see in Mothercare (i'm probably blind) and only 1s i could see in Boots were a pack of 3 with a petttern on and not that cheap!!
11/06/2008 at 15:40
You will get them in mother care, tesco (in the baby isle by bibs and dummies ect) ebay is a fab place to get them ohh and I got some in tk maxx. Adams also sell them and so do matalan I think xxx
11/06/2008 at 15:49
Ta!!
I must have been having a blonde day!! (more often than not at the mo!).
Will take another look!
11/06/2008 at 16:03
gate crashing from baby forum but had to write something

Muslins a mothers best friend/secret weapon
they have unlimited uses and highly recommended by all the mums i've ever known.

some uses i can cunrently think of are -
- great burping cloths (can cover your arm and sholder!)
- great mop -ups
- great comforter
- really good to aid descrete breastfeeding
- to put under baby's chin when feeding to chatch dribbles(either breast or bottle but esp sideways BF'ing! and a bib doesnt absorb enough)
- put under babies head in moses basket/cot instead of a daily change of sheet
- lines a cold changing mat nicely (absorbs pee too!)
- sunshade in carseat or buggy

Most places that do baby bits do muslins although shop around for a good price. I've found that there all the same quality and have some from ikea, tescos, boots, toys'r'us and mothercare. I have loads! but you can never have enough
11/06/2008 at 16:06
hi i was gonna say tesco too,they sell a pack in there that are quite cheap.Mothercare and babies r us also sell them and you also get a couple free in your bounty pack in hospital i think.Muslin cloths are a life saver whethere breast or bottle feeding.I am breastfeeding my 4 week old baby girl and use them for moping up sick and also putting under her head in the moses basket incase shes sick in the night (saves on sheets!) i also use them for covering up when breastfeeding in public.Hope to have been of some help! hanna xx
11/06/2008 at 16:31
I used to use one folded up & shoved it in my bra in the side I wasn't feeding with as I leaked alot when BF'ing.
I tucked them in my bra strap for coverage over baby when BF'ing & for mopping up any sick, spills etc.
Traditionally they are meant to be used as nappies on newborns/small babies & you can use them as nappy liners in washable nappies.
I had mine from Tesco & George - just get really cheap ones & I bought all white so they could just be bunged in the wash with all the other whites.
My nepthew has one as a comforter & if a baby is going to have a comforter then these are the cheapest to replace & the easiest to keep clean.
xxx
http://bd.lilypie.com/F4kYp1/.png

12/06/2008 at 00:13
i got most of mine from babies r us - pack of 10 for ??6.99 (normally ??9.99 i think so in sale but were both times i bought them - check website - if on there will be in shop too) i've just bought some more from asda - 3 for ??3 - just the same. mothercare are one of the more expensive places as you will all find out but they are no different so no need to spend the extra - save the money where you can.

Lara xx
15/06/2008 at 16:53
I've found some feeding cloths in Matalan 3 for ??2, they are thicker than muslin squares, thought i'd share the info thought it would be handy to have a few.
15/06/2008 at 16:59
Muslin squares are brilliant especially if you have a sicky baby like mine. I use them for winding and putting under lo's head when hes asleep in case of sick! Also for mopping it up...I always have one to hand. x
15/06/2008 at 18:16
I wouldn't be without mine. I have an extra use that I haven't seen listed yet: when my lo is having some nappy free time I put a muslin lightly over him, that way if he does pee it helps absorb it and stops the pee from doing a fountain impression and soaking a much larger area. My lo almost got himself in the mouth once!
16/06/2008 at 05:31
I got the same ones as you EmmaJane.
I also walked round there again the other day and I got Grace a vest top that says
"small but for a limited time only" in white with pink piping for a brilliant ??1.50!

I love Matalan

Just call me Mrs Daykin
16/06/2008 at 09:09
Because of this post, I bought some from Adams today - 10 for ??8.00. I also got 3x hats for ??1.50, 3x bibs for ??2.00 and 3x sleepsuits for ??6.00. (All plain white). There is a lot of cheap deals on but because I don't know the sex yet, I had to stick with white stuff rather than girl/boy stuff !!! xxx
17/07/2012 at 13:44

There are some great bargains to be had buying muslins from ebay actually, much cheaper than in the shops and way better designs! This is my personal fave...i swear by em!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280921013485?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

18/07/2012 at 16:09

Yeah it's not a must buy as opposed to a handy buy! If the bib is not handy you can use that and theres more of it! x

http://www.rainbowprams.com Beautiful Prams At Affordable Prices