How long should implantation bleeding last??

26/09/2007 at 06:06

Hi

I have recently found out I am pregnant, its only very early. I am around 4-5 weeks. I took a test last thurs, which was neg, and then on friday morning had some very light bleeding, which I assumed was the start of af. This did not come to much and on Sunday I took a test- clearblue digitial. To my delight this gave a positive!

I have had on off bleeding since, yesterday as I was leaving work there was more, and then agian at 5am today. I am so confused, I took a test last night which again gave a positive result. I am off work today, as I just feel like I should take it easy.

I don't have any other symptoms of AF, and I am very weepy and have some tingly feelings in my boobs!

Has anyone else had this? I have read that implantation bleeding should only last about 3 days, but that it is also common to have bleeding at time of month in early preg. I am just so worried!

xxx

26/09/2007 at 06:33
Hi, i am 7 wks 2 days pregnant (confirmed yesterday) and have had on off bleeding for the past few weeks (which the dr said was prob implantation bleeding). on attending the EPU yesterday i was told that i had a cut on the sac above the baby but it was not harming the baby in any way and i may carry on bleeding for the next few weeks until it heals by itself (it is quite common). I was told just to keep an eye on the bleeding and if it goes bright red or really heavy then to contact the hospital immediately. I know it is horrible bleeding but try not to worry, you have all the pregnancy signs i have, sore boobs, cry at anything etc. good luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you x
26/09/2007 at 06:46
I wouldnt worry about your bleeding unless it gets painful, then i suggest you go to the hospital. But otherwise its perfectly normal I had an implantation bleed but it literally lasted a day, but everyone is different. Take care of yourself and try to relax xx
26/09/2007 at 06:50
Thanks! Even your replies made me cry! So I am either losing the plot or am pregnant! I feel a bit silly being off work, but after sobbing at my desk yesterday my Husband ordered me to stay at home! I just hope its nothing bad, we want this so much, in some ways I wish i didn't know yet, and just assumed it was a very light period.

xx
26/09/2007 at 06:57
Hi click

I dont think there as any reason to doubt you are pregnant hun, some people have bleeding for couple of hours and some have it an and off all the way through so it really does depend on the person.Try not to worry about it, i think you did the best thing staying at home today as your obviously not in a fit state for work.Just take it easy and if it gets worse or your really worried then call your g.p or nearest EPU and they might get you in for an early scan.

charlie x 16wks today!
26/09/2007 at 07:03
I agree with Charlie and your hubbie. Your better off at home, relax with your feet up and a cuppa. That way your not putting yourself under any stress. x
26/09/2007 at 12:09
Seconded - as long as you're getting paid still relax and put the baby first! xxx
26/09/2007 at 12:26
hi, any kind of bleeding should be taken seriously to be on the safe side, you should tell your doctor.it probably is implantation bleeding but i should check it out as you can get bleeding with no pain when somethings wrong.Im not trying to scare you, but just be careful x
26/09/2007 at 12:33
hi i am 7weeks+3 days and i had bleeding for about 3days, shortly before i found out i was preg, where i didnt have any period type pains or symptoms, i thought this was my period coming and started to suspect i might be preg when i didnt get cramp or anything.( it was also pink one day and brown the others, sorry a bit too much info!) i think it is 2 weeks after this bleeding you can find out if youre preg, but i might be wrong. i would recommend clear blue digi tests becuase for me they said posotive a good few days before any other brands. hope you get a bfp anyway let us know x

hi sirry just thought id change waht i said cause i just realised yu had got a positive result already, im so silly but anyway hope the rest of what i said was helpful to you...must be my pregnancy mushing my brain!!!

[Modified by: lauragcam on September 26, 2007 05:35 PM]
26/09/2007 at 13:56
Hi, thank you all for your replies, its so helpful to speak to other people. It seems to have stopped now, so although its been a bit longer than the 2-3 days most people have I hope that is an end to it. Think day off reasting has done me good, its so stressful trying to carry on in work without rushing off to the loo to check. Hopefully it will all settle down now.

thanks girls!
xx
28/09/2007 at 06:01
Just thought I would update in case this happens to anyone else. It is now day 7 of what I beleive was implantation bleleding, its noe pretty much stopped and is a browish colour- sorry if TMI! Everything I have read on this says it only lasts around 2-3 days, so in case anyone goes through the week of hell I have had- and a seriously expensive addiction to clearblue tests, I wanted to let you know, like everything this seems to be something that can be different for everyone, and is not neccesarily going to turn into your worst fear.
xx
15/11/2008 at 18:06
that is a very reassuring end click, glad all is well and congratulations!
10/06/2010 at 15:13
i found out i was pregnant on saturday after i was late with my period. i woke up yesterday to find i had been bleeding, it has been on and off since yesterday and still on and off now, i have been to the hospital and also contact my gp but due to be only 5 weeks gone at the most they cant scan me as its too early. im really worried i have miscarriaged, the bleeding is a browny pink colour (sorry if thats too much info) the hospital/gp advised i could take another preganancy text in a week to see if i am still pregnant but do i really have to wait that long, any advise given would be appreciated as this is my first preganancy and i just keep getting myself worked up
10/06/2010 at 15:30
Hi,

I got my 1-2 on a CBD last wed and since then I have had brown/peach cm, some mornings I have a pink or red streak with fmu but Soon changes to the brown/peach discharge. I've been told this is perfectly normal and even tho it worries me it is natural. I too was told to take another test this week so did one on tues and got my 2-3!! Sooo happy. I'm 5+2.
Unless there is a fair bit of bright red with pain there is no need to be alarmed. Just let your doc and midwife know anyway. xx

[Modified by: wildthing on June 10, 2010 08:34 PM]

Mum to beautiful Chloe, age 11.
Mummy to an Angel, Faith, 02.10.10 HLHS. Forever missed.
xxx

10/06/2010 at 16:35
my first pregnancy i had a implantion bleed for 5days,my second pregnancy it lasted only a few hours

sarah
11/06/2010 at 05:10
When i was pg with dd1 I bled from day 1 until around 20 weeks, but it was fairly heavy from 5-10 weeks to the point I was told 3 times I was miscarrying.

If its not painful and its not clots I think you're fine. My older sister bled with both her boys too, I dont think bleeding at the beginning is all that unusual.

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/NYUl.png

Mummy to 2 beautiful children and one on the way !
12/06/2010 at 16:12
Hi,

I started this thread, and if you check the date it was sept 2007, I have just logged back in today for the first time after finding myself pregnant for the second time, and I hope I can provide you some comfort.
I bled from before I got my BFP until approx 26 weeks, my little boy was 2 on 10th June and as worried as you are stay positive, demand a scan as soon as it is viable, and take it one day at a time. It really does sound like my bleeding, if you have no pain and it remains a browny/pinky colour it will probably settle down. I took a few days off work as to be honest I couldn't concentrate and I think taking it easy may help too.
I do hope it all settles down.
xx
03/07/2010 at 10:30
Hi, i dont know if you can help but ive been having very very light bleeding since yest and would be due on tonight/tomorrow morning, thing is ive never had it this light before and i have no pre-period symtoms such as cramps etc which i get every month usually. also theres not much blood on my pad at all its only when i wipe. how much blood do you usually get with implantation? also if i take a test in the morning is it too early? thanks alot
07/03/2011 at 13:23
Hi!

I think I may be experiencing it too. The thing is I took a HPT a week ago and got a positive result. 1 line was lighter than the other but it was definately there - went back to the local chemist and he agreed! I then handed in a urine sample to my doctors (the very next morning).

The doctors test came back negative. I left feeling very dissapointed .

My doctor recommended another test - I get the results on thursday. I really hope I am pregnant but dont want to get my hopes up too much. I have had a slight reddich brown discharge for the last couple of days so i am hoping this is implantation bleeding.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!
26/03/2011 at 15:37
http://cerealcouponsonline.blogspot.com/