getting pregnant after miscarriage

17/05/2007 at 09:57
I have just recently had a complete miscarriage about 2 weeks ago and have been told that i might get pregnant again straight away even before my next period. has anyone got pregnant straight after miscarriage?

17/05/2007 at 10:15
not right away but on the second month which was a bit of a surprise as it took 2 years to get pregnant then i misscarried twins but i had a d&c and was told by friends it would mean i would probably concieve quicker and she was right im now 22 wks although midwife thought i could be further on !!
17/05/2007 at 10:25
hi emma,

on the 'support' section there are a few topics on miscarriage and trying again and lots of the ladies on this website have shared what they've been told. i think basically it is possible to get pregnant immediately although the most common advice is to wait until after your first period so you can be more accurate about dates etc.

hope you doin ok,

gr
17/05/2007 at 10:49
Hi Emma
I did! I had a "natural" miscarriage and then tested positive 3 weeks 4 days later. I couldn't believe it as I also had gastroenteritis the week I must have concieved (my immune system was on the floor) and we only did it once that week. I am now 15+5 and it's going well. They say you are really fertile afterwards so i left it to mother nature to decide if we could again. The m/c makes you very paranoid when you do get pregnant again and I was terrified at the beginning. It's really up to you when you are ready. Good luck xx
17/05/2007 at 10:53
Hi I miscarried on 14th feb last year and 3 weeks later i tested positive again and was pregnant again. My daughter is now 6 months old. I actually went into prem labour on the due date of the lost baby but dont believe it was connected and my daughter hung on for another few weeks and came 3 and a half weeks early but is thriving. I was told afterwards that you are most fertile after a pregnancy. Good luck xxxx
17/05/2007 at 11:20
I m/c in November and was pg again by January...I'm now 18 weeks ...wow time really does fly doesnt it...? xxx
18/05/2007 at 05:28
Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I suppose i will just have to wait and see what happens
It would br nice to get pregnant sooner rather than later my husband has decided he needs a new 42" plasma Tv, seen as I am no longer pregnant (amongst other things). I will just have to keep putting him off. He say he wanted to stay celebate till after my first period which hasn't lasted, But I am not complaing.

Thanks
18/05/2007 at 06:13
Good luck!! My daughter was delivered at 5 months in Dec due to birth defects. My husband and I decided we would wait until we both felt ready emotionally to try again. ie. 3-4 months. That isn't the case, as the first time it happened again after I was up and about, we managed to conceive. (2 of them at that!!), and they will be here Oct. I would never have thought it could happen that quickly, but believe me it did... Hope it happens as quickly for you.
18/05/2007 at 13:32
Hi. It took us 9 months to concieve the first time, I had early m/c in Feb and have just found out that I am pregnant again, just over 3 months later. So yes, I guess you are more fertile after a m/c! Good luck to you. When it happens again remember to take each day at a time. That is what I am doing at the moment as I am so scared I will lose it again. Good Luck! x
18/05/2007 at 16:47
I had a mc in October last year and had 1 normal period then on 22nd Dec I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant again! I spent the first 12 weeks feeling sure something was going wrong again but after that I relaxed a little!! Still get nervous when I have tummy cramps or weird pains but as I'm now nearly 26 weeks I've finally chilled out and am looking forward to our babys arrival!!

03/06/2007 at 08:10
I had my miscarriage exactly 4 weeks ago today have just done a preg test and it's positive i haven't had a period since my miscarriage but have had a blood test and a preg test 3 and 2 weeks ago which were both negative.

I don't know whether to start getting excitied or to not belive it yet!!!!

If its is positive i am very happy!!!! Hope mt husband is too!!!

This happen to anyone else????

[Modified by: emma/george6945 on June 03, 2007 01:10 PM]
03/06/2007 at 15:07
Oh congrats Emma/George! It sounds like are pg again! Great news.

Same thing happened to my sister in law five years again - she became pregnant before having a period after a mc. My eldest niece is perfect. Well most of the time!!

I mc mid April and we decided to leave it a month so we'll be ttc this month. Hope I have your luck too!

J x
03/06/2007 at 15:17
hi there,

i had a mc on 24th january this year and im now 18+2 weeks pregnant. according to drs i fell pregnant on the 7 th feb which in itself i think is a miracle as we hardly had sex due to how awful i felt!! so i believe it is possible to fall straight away. i know how you fell and i hope all goes well for you. good luck xx
06/06/2007 at 03:51
Hi there

I m/c in March and anm currently 8wks, i didn't think it would happen so quick but i guess it is.

Good luck
26/09/2007 at 20:39
hey ladies! i miscarried on september 03rd, 2007... how did you's know when to test.. weeks after miscarriage? did you feel pregnant again? i am curious because i have several pregnany signs.. again! =]
27/09/2007 at 03:33
Hi Cait,
I had a mmc at the beginning of June this year and a d&c on the 6th June. I fell pregnant about 2 weeks later. I had not had a period and I just felt that possibly I was. Could not put my finger on it but I just felt I was, did a test and it was positive.
I am now 14+2 days pregnant.
Good luck,
Mary xx
27/09/2007 at 06:05
Hi Cait

The thing you have to be aware of first is sometimes you can still get a positive test a couple of weeks after a miscarriage, i think mostly the hormones go back to normal pretty quick but some women are different.

I really hope you are pregnant again i know how hard it is waiting.I had m/c in november last year after trying for 18 months! Then it took us a further 7 months to conceive again (found out a week before original due date) Im 16 weeks now.

Good luck
charlie x 16+1
27/09/2007 at 08:45
Hi Emma,
Congrats. I'm just the same as you. Had a m/c at the beginning August and am now 5wks, didn't have a period in between either. If you lost your last baby quite early on, your hormone levels probably fell quite quickly so these are hopefully all new baby hormones which are giving you a positive result. They will probably send you for an early scan so they can date you properly, but that's a good thing anyay as they have kept an eye on me which has been reassuring and you may hopefully get regular scans which i am having. Try not to stress out about this one although it is REALLY hard not too! I have been terrible but i'm trying to remember this is a totally different pregnancy! I'm sure all will be well, congrats and let us know how your scan goes x
27/09/2007 at 10:04
Thank-you ladies for all your quick responses! I was 5 weeks and 4 days when I miscarried (it was natural), but when I was 4 weeks i had a brownish spotting, so I am thinking thats when my m/c started.. I actually already tested about a week after my miscarriage and it came back negative, I just wanted to make sure my levels went down! I am hoping I am pregnant again, but if not we will just try again! I am anxious for baby number two, but I have an almost 3 year old little boy who keeps me on my feet ALL DAY LONG! haha =]
27/09/2007 at 11:53
Oh, another thing.. How long did you wait to test after miscarriage for BFP? It's been 3 weeks and 3 days since I miscarried...