Does nesting mean birth is close?

03/04/2009 at 10:09
Much as I hate the word nesting, I am really badly. Ive rang in work sick today because I have been up half the night making mental lists of things to do, and I think I would have had a breakdown if I couldnt do them today! Ive cleaned from top to bottom, including the hated job of the oven, Ive chucked away 3 bin bags of crap from the cupboard under the stairs and I am about to start on my wardrobe. I didnt have this last time, I think because I had a flood in my house a couple of months before Reece was born and the work was only finished a week before he arrived so everything went into decorating really. I was just wondering if anyone had these mad cleaning urges so far away from their due date - Im 32 weeks this weekend - or if its likely that the baby might be early. People have been telling me my bump has dropped the last few days as well. Maybe I better get my hospital bag packed?
03/04/2009 at 10:14
Oh i wish! Ive been nesting for a while now, constantly. everyday i find something to be cleaning or sorting out and theres no sign of splodge coming any time soon.

Hannah 38+6 xx
03/04/2009 at 11:28
Oh thats good (for me I mean) I dont want the baby to come yet - Im having a new bathroom fitted in 2 weeks and want that finished before the new arrival. Hope baby comes soon for you though x
03/04/2009 at 11:28
Oh thats good (for me I mean) I dont want the baby to come yet - Im having a new bathroom fitted in 2 weeks and want that finished before the new arrival. Hope baby comes soon for you though x
03/04/2009 at 12:31
i never had the nesting urge so cant help you with that but when i was 26wks pregnant i had really bad BH and 2 days later my bump dropped,i was really worried,that week i had a growth scan and i asked the doctor about it and he said your bump can drop at anytime,it doesnt mean a thing

sarah
03/04/2009 at 12:59
yip pretty much like hannah been nesting for a while and still no sign of any baby yet

Danielle

38 + 1
03/04/2009 at 13:02
I got into nesting early and there was no sign of baby but to be honest, I'm so big now, it's hard to clean and I wish the OH did as thorough a job as I do, but I least I did as much as I could whilst I could.
03/04/2009 at 13:42
I have had the nesting urge on and off since week 24!! It's off at the moment - and I am currently spending most of my time sitting on the sofa and watching my living room slowly fill up with crisp packets!

Nx
38+5
03/04/2009 at 13:49
Think nesting and feeling restless about things still to do is a normal part of pregnancy, I had a nightmare at around 20 weeks with my little girl that she would have nowhere to sleep if she arrived and simply had to go out the next day and get a moses basket!

One thing I did find strange though was an overwhelming urge I got at 38 weeks to be at home, normally I love nothing more than to be out and about, but I had an urgency to get home and stay there and my girl arrived the next day! xx
03/04/2009 at 16:18
well I have had the nesting urge already. Im over it now but I started at 18weeks!!! over the last month I have done nothing but clean, sort, tidy, chuck out and make lists!! My flat is so spotless im ready for the baby now haha, i am glad to say ive calmed down though. Think its different this time as when pregnant with dd we didnt get our own place until I was 36 weeks and everything was left to last minute

fiona
22+6 xxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/6GBE.png

http://lb5f.lilypie.com/BMEO.png

http://lbyf.lilypie.com/rab1.png

03/04/2009 at 18:45
I had the mad cleaning urge from about 16 weeks. I'm incredibly houseproud at the best of times, but when I got to about 4 months gone, I started going crazy with cleaning. Turning tin labebls round, organising drawers 3 times a day!! TBH I had it bad with both my LO's and I went 2 weeks overdue with both. I personally don't think it means labour is close, I just think its to do with the change of hormones and chemicals in your body.

xx
26/04/2014 at 10:44
26/04/2014 at 19:49
I wouldn't go by nesting, I never had that urge when mine were due but i did go on a mad cleaning buzz three day's before i found out i was pregnant on my second child so it must just be one of those thing's. Didn't have it this time so i'm thinking i'm having another girl!!! And girl's are lazy hahaha Xxx
Your say
email image