Does nesting mean birth is close?

03/04/2009 at 10:09
Much as I hate the word nesting, I am really badly. Ive rang in work sick today because I have been up half the night making mental lists of things to do, and I think I would have had a breakdown if I couldnt do them today! Ive cleaned from top to bottom, including the hated job of the oven, Ive chucked away 3 bin bags of crap from the cupboard under the stairs and I am about to start on my wardrobe. I didnt have this last time, I think because I had a flood in my house a couple of months before Reece was born and the work was only finished a week before he arrived so everything went into decorating really. I was just wondering if anyone had these mad cleaning urges so far away from their due date - Im 32 weeks this weekend - or if its likely that the baby might be early. People have been telling me my bump has dropped the last few days as well. Maybe I better get my hospital bag packed?
03/04/2009 at 10:14
Oh i wish! Ive been nesting for a while now, constantly. everyday i find something to be cleaning or sorting out and theres no sign of splodge coming any time soon.

Hannah 38+6 xx
03/04/2009 at 11:28
Oh thats good (for me I mean) I dont want the baby to come yet - Im having a new bathroom fitted in 2 weeks and want that finished before the new arrival. Hope baby comes soon for you though x
03/04/2009 at 11:28
Oh thats good (for me I mean) I dont want the baby to come yet - Im having a new bathroom fitted in 2 weeks and want that finished before the new arrival. Hope baby comes soon for you though x
03/04/2009 at 12:31
i never had the nesting urge so cant help you with that but when i was 26wks pregnant i had really bad BH and 2 days later my bump dropped,i was really worried,that week i had a growth scan and i asked the doctor about it and he said your bump can drop at anytime,it doesnt mean a thing

sarah
03/04/2009 at 12:59
yip pretty much like hannah been nesting for a while and still no sign of any baby yet

Danielle

38 + 1
03/04/2009 at 13:02
I got into nesting early and there was no sign of baby but to be honest, I'm so big now, it's hard to clean and I wish the OH did as thorough a job as I do, but I least I did as much as I could whilst I could.
03/04/2009 at 13:42
I have had the nesting urge on and off since week 24!! It's off at the moment - and I am currently spending most of my time sitting on the sofa and watching my living room slowly fill up with crisp packets!

Nx
38+5
03/04/2009 at 13:49
Think nesting and feeling restless about things still to do is a normal part of pregnancy, I had a nightmare at around 20 weeks with my little girl that she would have nowhere to sleep if she arrived and simply had to go out the next day and get a moses basket!

One thing I did find strange though was an overwhelming urge I got at 38 weeks to be at home, normally I love nothing more than to be out and about, but I had an urgency to get home and stay there and my girl arrived the next day! xx
03/04/2009 at 16:18
well I have had the nesting urge already. Im over it now but I started at 18weeks!!! over the last month I have done nothing but clean, sort, tidy, chuck out and make lists!! My flat is so spotless im ready for the baby now haha, i am glad to say ive calmed down though. Think its different this time as when pregnant with dd we didnt get our own place until I was 36 weeks and everything was left to last minute

fiona
22+6 xxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/6GBE.png

http://lb5f.lilypie.com/BMEO.png

http://lbyf.lilypie.com/rab1.png

03/04/2009 at 18:45
I had the mad cleaning urge from about 16 weeks. I'm incredibly houseproud at the best of times, but when I got to about 4 months gone, I started going crazy with cleaning. Turning tin labebls round, organising drawers 3 times a day!! TBH I had it bad with both my LO's and I went 2 weeks overdue with both. I personally don't think it means labour is close, I just think its to do with the change of hormones and chemicals in your body.

xx
Your say
email image