Bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy

13/03/2008 at 03:32
Hi ladies, I got my bfp on tuesday but I've been bleeding for the past week and a couple of days ago I started with cramps. I was at the doc's yesterday and he didn't seem too concerned but wanted to book me in for an early scan just to ease my worries. Anyway, I'm not even 5 weeks yet and they don't scan until 7 weeks so he said to phone back in a week if I'm still bleeding and having the cramps.

I just wondered if it's normal to have this as I'm really worried and obviously I don't want anything to be wrong with my baby. I'm trying to think positively but it's hard! :cry:

http://bd.lilypie.com/sPnX0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev276pf___.png

13/03/2008 at 04:41
Hiya

Just replied to another post saying exactly the same as you!

Yes, it can be perfectly normal to cramp/bleed in the very early weeks (implantation bleeding). It's usually pretty light bleeding (I just had spotting).

Think how early they do the scanning depends on the area - I was 5+2 when they did an internal scan due to previous m/c.

Good luckxx
13/03/2008 at 09:18
Hey

I agree with Karen. I too was in hospital infact to check if I was ok. I went into A&E and I was crying like mad. I was only what the docs thought about 5 weeks. So the hospital tranfered me to another hospital with gyneas. And I was kept overnight. With a drip. And they checked for ectopic pregnancy. They never asked me to wait though.Although they couldn't see much anyway. Just a sack. But all was fine and I was released the next day. Full of holes of blood being taken every 4 hours or something stupid and they couldnt use the same holes in the same dayso had punches everywhere and I had a drip as well. It was a bit of a freak out but at least it was a mind set that everything was ok.

Let us know how it goes.

Tash x
13/03/2008 at 12:21
Hi Hun - I had this at 5 and six weeks and it is normal but I was told that ALL bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out. I was told that brown (old blood) that does not fill more than two large industrial sanitary towels is normally ok but if it's bright red blood and has clots in it or fills more than two pads it's something to worry about, also pains on one side of your tummy could indicate an ectopic pregnancy. I had some bright red blood but it was mostly more brown and I am 37 weeks now. If you want to know for certain I would go to A&E (that's what I did) warning though if you're less than 6 weeks - they might not be able to pick up a heartbeat yet on a scan so you might be better asking them to check your hormone levels over a couple of days rather than having a scan as it won't nec tell you what you need to know!!! Good luck - I remember how difficult it is - xxx
13/03/2008 at 15:11
hi hun dont worry i had this too at 5weeks 5 days and had an internal scan everything was fine even saw a heartbeat was very cool this is perfectly normal (although very scary) so please try not to worry
Jo xxxx
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev303pfs__.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev198pr___.png

14/03/2008 at 03:49
Thanks for your replies ladies, it's very difficult not to worry about it even though I know my doctor isn't worried.

I'm going to phone him next week to get him to book me in for an early scan, I know once I see my baby I'll feel so much better.

Thanks again, I really appreciate hearing other peoples experiences xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sPnX0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev276pf___.png

11/05/2012 at 16:26

Hi, I found out i was pregnant yesterday, my test was one of them ones with a conception indicator..it told me i was 1-2(since conception) today, ive noticed some thick gunge like blood when i wipe after the loo.....im worried!!!!

what can it be?

please help

thank you

15/05/2012 at 22:17

i havent done a test yet, but ive got 2kids already and know the symptoms.. sore breasts' mood swings' hormonal, permanent nausea. so im 99% sure in pregnant bt have been lightly bleeding with mild cramps, the blood is light pink then bown.  does anyone know whether im still pregnant.. opinions please?? xx

17/05/2012 at 20:29

Hi ladies, some women still get a slight bleed around the time that period would have been due and some ladies, like myself, can get a bleed a little later when the placenta implants. I had light bleeding at 9.5 weeks - was examined and scanned, all was fine xx

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/Z4Sv.png

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/CnVG.png

20/05/2012 at 22:59
20/05/2012 at 23:24
Hi all I hav had real light bleeding since Friday it was light pink still got it now except it's nearly gone I've also just today started getting little cramp feelings any help please?? Thanks
24/05/2012 at 20:18

HI everyone, I started to have really light bleeding on saturday night and on monday it turned bright red and is like a lightish period, i have passed a couple of gooey lumps similar to clots but i'm pretty sure they weren't as they didn't look like they usually would.  I was in for an internal scan on tuesday and they could see the little sac I was so relieved to see something there but i have to go back next wednesday for another scan to see if there is a wee heartbeat and if the baby has grown.  So stressed thinking about it and the fact we have to wait for another 6 days in torture.  My first pregnancy went so well, this was such a shock.

Anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

Thanks x

29/05/2012 at 22:18
30/05/2012 at 14:56

Hi i started bleedin bright red blood when i was 7weeks i am now 9.  It was fairly heavey but only lasted about an hour. I got taken to have an ultrasound and could see the babys heartbeat wich was a relief as i was sure i had lost the baby. I was then booked in for a scan a week later which was an agonising wait as i was having light pink to brown discharge when i wiped.  Had second scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine they could still see heartbeat.  They said that sometimes bleeding in early pregnacy is normal and could be due to either a water infection, straining when going to the toilet or due to heavey lifting. I think mine was due to an infection because as soon as i finished my antibiotics the brown discharge stopped.  I also got and still get cramps in my lower tummy this can be noraml as your utreus is stretching. i know its not easy but try not to stress as that wont help but if you are really worried go to ypur doctor or midwife its what they are there for.  i hope this helps and good luck to everyone.xxx

03/06/2012 at 07:38
03/06/2012 at 07:55
Hi, I am testing 4 1/2 weeks pregnant, I started cramping yesterday mainly left side but not constant and not as bad as period pains, I also had very light pink spotting but today the spotting is brighter red but only when I wipe. I am really worried as I had a laparoscopy and dye test procedure on 25th May, after advising the hospital that I cold be pregnant they tested me which came up negative so went ahead with the procedure, last Monday I tested again as I had pregnancy symptoms sore breast etc...which came up positive, I have been to the docs and they have taken blood but said I won't get results until after the bank holiday but since have started spotting and cramping, I am really worried, does anyone have any advice please, thanks xxxx
04/06/2012 at 19:57

Hi just looking for some adivse this is my thrid child, my two are 10 and 6, so eveything seems so new for some reason, Am 9.4 days and have being having bleeding red/brown/pink all way thro i have had a 2 scans first was two early to see anything my second was 6-3 days and baby and heartbeat was there and have to go back at 12 weeks for my normal scan, but am just worried as i have started to get cramps and still so blood when i wipe never had anything like this with my 2 others xxx 

07/06/2012 at 08:26
07/06/2012 at 08:36
Hi there, I'm approximately 6 weeks pregnant and started with light bleeding yesterday while at work. I went straight up to the early assessment unit at the hospital, had u/s and internal scan to be told my uterus isn't pregnant?? They took my blood and my hcg levels are at 420 suggesting I may only be 4 weeks ish! Now I have to wait till Friday to see if my levels rise, very confused and worried. I'm still light bleeding today but it's not like a period, it's very watery?
Any info or reassurance would be fab,
Thanks, L xx
08/06/2012 at 21:30

Im three weeks overdue on my period, and finally got a positive result on a home test kit! But I have been lightly bleeding (especially after sex) and having persistant cramps- which are quite painful! First time in ever being pregnant, and overly confused! x