Am I pregnant or not? first response positive clear blue neg

06/07/2010 at 15:14
:\?Hi Ladies,

This is my first post here sorry for not introducing myself properly first but I wondered if you can help me.

I stopped taking my pill about a month ago but have not yet had my period. I took a first response test today and it said positive but when the husband came home i told him and sent him out for another test to be sure - he got clear blue digital which has come back negative.

Am so confused...am I pregnant or not?

Any help experiences appreciated xxxx
06/07/2010 at 15:17
Hi
I think the CBDs are not as sensitive to HCG as first response. SO its probably an early positive.
I would get another CBD in a few days when your HCG should have increased, and check again then.

Good luck!

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/6g3P.png

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/dpTUp1.png

06/07/2010 at 15:18
Hi,

First response are a lot more sensitive than CB so would pick it up sooner. You should probably wait a couple of days (easier said than done I Know!) and test with FMU and should see a stronger line on a first reposnse and the cbd should pick it up too.

But as they say a line is a line so I'll whisper congratulations xx
06/07/2010 at 15:18
U dont normally get a false positive can u nto whizz to a 24 hours supermarket an get another one? x

06/07/2010 at 15:19
I am in a similliar situation. My AF was due today and no sign, took a Clear Blue Test, not the digital one, and was negative. I have had so many symptoms, really thought I was PG. Some people have told me that the clear blue tests are not very sensitive, I know first response are very sensitive, that test may have picked up hormone were the clear blue wont yet if it is early days, do you know when your AF is due?

You have sort of put my mind at rest that I may still have a chance as the clear blue is not sensitive enought to pick up any hormones yet. Going to do a first response on Thursday when AF two days late.

Maybe leave it a few days and do another CBD it will pick the hormone up then, it is very rare to have a false positive, so I would say yes, congratulations, you are PG x
07/07/2010 at 03:13
thanks for your replies ladies, I did a clear blue digi this morning first thing and you were right! It says 1-2 weeks

I'm Pregnant!!! xxx

(looks like I'm joining you all now, will introduce myself properly now lol) x
07/07/2010 at 03:28
Aww congratulations and welcome xx
Jo x
07/07/2010 at 05:45
Congratulations xxxxxxxxx

07/07/2010 at 08:35
Congratulations babe. Thats brillant news, there's nothing like doing the tests and wondering.. well am I pregnant, then getting the big fat positive.! Big grins and hugs. X
07/07/2010 at 12:43
Hi i'm looking for some advice ladies. I am a week late 4 my very regular period! I have a huge bloated stomach, feel sick 24/7. Back ache and very snappy and feel like crying most of the time. Plus i cannot stop going to the toilet. I have done 3 tests . . . all negative! I gave a urine sample to the doc's and it was also negative. I am tearing my hair out as i know this is not like me!! Has any1 had this situation and later found out you are actually pregnant.

Thanks for helping x x
11/07/2010 at 08:06
hi there dom lover im gatecrashing but this did happen to me ....i took a 2 tests that came back negative despite a late period and sickness ....3 months later i did another one and it was positive and i was infact 5 months pregnant so when i did the first tests i should have been about 8 weeks stoopid tests :lol: i would wait a week or two and try again ..hope u get some answers xxx
11/07/2010 at 08:13
Congrats hun come and join Due in March forum xxx
11/07/2010 at 08:13
Dom i would go back to ur GP an just explain whats happening it could be just ur body doing weird things lol. xx

Your say
email image