which formula?

23/06/2011 at 10:56
Hi all,
Ive been exclusively bf alice now for nearly 15 weeks but have a couple of things coming up soon where I will need to be out for a few hours where she may need to be fed, I have tried expressing but it was really uncomfy and I didnt get much milk, my son had a mix of formula and expressed breastmilk as he was premature so never latched on so am happy for alice now to have a bit of formula if needed (fingers crossed she will even take a bottle but thats another story!)
so am looking for any advice on which formula you have used, especially if you were combination feeding and if anyone's heard if any are closer to breastmilk than others, I know they are all pretty much the same but thought there was no harm in asking before I buy some!

Cheers, Jess
23/06/2011 at 13:45
Hi!
I am mix feeding and using aptamil with no problems at all!

24/06/2011 at 15:46
Hi Hun,
Aptamil is meant to be the closest to breast milk. Mia was combi fed with sma gold but the sma really didn't agree with her as it is known to be quite fatty and heavy. She is now and on the normal aptamil solely and is great on it. If u google sma gold u will see alot of mums with bad reports about it. It made Mia sick, constipated and gave her awful wind. Cow and gate is meant to be good and is similar to aptamil. its trial and error but I'd go with aptamil if I were u xxx
24/06/2011 at 15:48
Im also an aptamil advocate I was feeding Noah Cow & Gate but he had terrible reflux and this milk came back up after every feed, so I switched him to aptamil and he has really settled into this milk. the powder is finer and looks better quality.

good luck, each baby is different but Ive read lots of good reviews about aptamil

xx
24/06/2011 at 16:40
Yeah Ive used Aptamil too - When i was in the hospital over night after my LO was born that is what they offered to give her to top her up because she was really hungry. They said it was close to Breast milk.

I used it for evening feed and BF in the day and she was happy to take the both so it worked for us. The Cartons of it are fab too for emergencies.

Good luck.
25/06/2011 at 17:11
hi
just to echo the other ladies, when i wasn't producing enough milk the midwife recommended aptamil as a top up as it was the closest thing to breastmilk. Good luck x
27/06/2011 at 17:01
I use aptamil too on recommendation from my midwife! Never had any problems xx
Your say
email image