How does baby know when its right time to come out?

28/07/2010 at 08:47
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but just wondered how body/baby knows its right time to make an appearance?
29/07/2010 at 13:46
I dont know hun just a certain hormone in the body starts ur body off contracting an nothing can stop it, it's very rare for medical intervention to stop it. Ask ur midwife when u next see her x Or google it x

29/07/2010 at 16:47
Mine know by sheer WILL and a good bloody talking to
"GET OUT I've HAD ENOUGH" lolol

Its just a natural hormonal reaction as excitedmummy2be says. Bit like when your body just knows when to release an egg, or have the painters/decorators in for a week! It just happens. whether ir not its OUR hormones or the babies nobody knows.
There are old wives tales that say they wont put in an appearance until Mummy is relaxed and prepared. I say thats a load of rubbish! I dont know anyone whos baby came on time or when they were relaxed! (prepapred yes, as most of us have bought everything by our 2nd scan!) have you noticed how on telly peoples waters always break when they are arguing?! I have nightmares about my labour starting early and all I can say to the midwife and my husband is "but I havent got the teeny nappies yet and my bags not packed and I haven't hoovered" lol
31/07/2010 at 17:00
lol potty you made me smile. It's never like how it's on TV though is it. My friend is due in a couple of weeks and she's really worried about her waters breaking when she's in the shops or something. with my 1st my water only broke about half an hour before I started pushing.

**Everyone needs to either save or make money!**
To find out how you can both, visit www.triple-value.co.uk
21/08/2010 at 04:21
Hahaha, I love how you have dreams like this too! It's always something that's completely irrelevant to the birth too - like hoovering or washing the car!
Your say
email image