An amazing 100% of parents interviewed for a survey by www.partydelights.co.uk said they found preparing their baby's first birthday party stressful - but it doesn't have to be.
We asked the website's founder Allison Graham for advice on making sure the big day goes smoothly:
1. Always write 'You and your child' on invitations, so parents know you'd like them to stick around. Otherwise you could end up entertaining a dozen babies singlehanded. Yikes!
2. Invite a couple of friends round to help out.
3. Food-wise, stick to easy-to-eat finger foods like pieces of cheese and fruit. Mini sandwiches cut into fun shapes are always a hit.
4. Have a pack of wet wipes to hand at all times.
5. Organise a few easy, safe games. Paper cups of different colours make great building blocks. Balloons are an endless source of fun.
6. Create a memory book for the birthdy baby by asking parents to write down special moments from the party or the last year.
7. Keep it short - no longer than a couple of hours.
8. Instead of party bags, why not send each child a personalised placemat afterwards? Simply get each child to do painted handprints on a piece of paper, then take them to your nearest print shop to be laminated.
For a free party guide, visit www.partydelights.co.uk