Its a parents worst nightmare finding your child with a half-empty bottle of bleach or something similarly toxic. If you suspect he has swallowed some, you should:
- Call 999 immediately
- Try to figure out what he took, how much he has swallowed, and when he might have taken it
- Remember to take the suspected chemical and any packaging to the hospital so that it can be identified quickly
- Wipe away any residue from his mouth and give him sips of water
- DO NOT make him vomit
For more information visit the British Red Cross site.